It hasn’t been posted on their calendar yet, but the Spring 2005 Brattle schedule is out. Highlights include:
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and The Pink Panther, both with new 35 mm prints.
- Ong Bak one more time, if you missed it at the Kendall.
- A classic Westerns series, including Rio Bravo (Howard Hawks, John Wayne), The Searchers (more John Wayne), Shane (mmm, Alan Ladd), High Plains Drifter (Clint Eastwood directing and starring), Sergio Leone’s Once Upon A Time In The West, and The Quick & The Dead.
- The Asian Cinevisions Film Festival, which includes Joint Security Area this time around — it’s Park Chan-Wook’s first feature movie, which was followed by Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Oldboy. Neither of which I liked, but so many people I respect adore his work that I’m gonna keep delving into it until I figure it out. (Which means seeing Old Boy at the Kendall this weekend, I think.)
- A Hal Hartley mini-fest, just for Jeff. It includes Girl From Monday, his latest movie. Hartley’s latest, not Jeff’s.
- A Harold Lloyd festival, running a full week and showing 13 different Lloyd movies.
- All three James Dean movies.
That’ll keep me pretty busy.