On October 11, 2002, the following movies that I want to see will open:
- Below, a submarine haunted house flick directed by David Twohy (Pitch Black) and written by Darren Aronofsky.
- The Grey Zone, directed by Tim Blake Nelson and starring Steve Buscemi, Harvey Keitel, Mira Sorvino.
- Knockaround Guys, a much-neglected gangster flick with Vin Disel, Seth Green, Dennis Hopper, and John Malkovich; the writer/directors also wrote Rounders.
- Punch-Drunk Love, the new Paul Thomas Anderson (Boogie Nights, Magnolia) movie that happens to star, um, Adam Sandler.
- The Rules of Attraction, based on a Bret Easton Ellis novel, which has good word of mouth.
- Swept Away, which is directed by Guy Ritchie (Snatch) even if it does star his wife Madonna.
- The Transporter, directed by the great Corey Yuen (Fong Sai Yuk and a million others) and written by Luc Besson.
That’s seven movies solidly worth seeing, ignoring the other seven opening that weekend. Do they wanna kill me?