Lifted from The 20’ by 20’ Room:
1. What is the first RPG you ever played?
Tunnels and Trolls, solo. I loved it. I still love it, actually.
2. What RPG do you currently play most often?
If you count D20 as one RPG, it’s D20. Otherwise it’s a split between D&D 3.5 and Adventure D20, both of which I play once every couple of weeks.
3. What is the best system you’ve played?
Hard to answer. Most fun? I think this remains Feng Shui. Best system? I am hard-pressed to choose anything other than Hero. Certainly Hero is the most impressive accomplishment in system design.
4. What is the best system you’ve run?
Feng Shui, insofar as it’s the best system for me to run. I’ve run other systems I consider better (see above) but haven’t run them as well.
5. Would you consider yourself an: Elitist/Min-Maxer/Rules Lawyer?
How are these defined? I’m an elitist, definitely, in that I like roleplaying with smart people. Min-maxer? Yeah, I can milk a ruleset for all it’s worth. Rules lawyer? I care about the rules of the game, but I don’t argue with the GM as a matter of course.
6. If you could recommend a new RPG which would you recommend? Why?
Depends on who I’m recommending it for. West End’s Star Wars is actually a really good choice — everyone knows the world and the system is pretty easy for a newcomer to pick up.
7. How often do you play?
Alll the time. Couple of nights a week, generally.
8. What sort of characters do you play? Leader? Follower? Comic Relief? Roll-Player/ Role-Player?
Interesting ones. Leaders as necessary. Usually I play characters who are capable of being impulsive because I don’t like too much fluttering around when it’s not in service of anything.
9. What is your favorite genre for RPGs?
Action! Heh. I wouldn’t say I have a favorite. If pushed, I’d say pulp.
10. What Genres have you played in?
SF, horror, fantasy (modern, historical, futuristic, and otherwise), pulp, superheroes (teen, dark, etc.), multi-planar. Ones I’m forgetting, too, I expect.
11. Do you prefer to play or GM? Do you do both?
I’d rather play than GM. I do both, however.
12. Do you like religion in your games?
It’s part of human nature, no? I played a character once who fell in love with an angel.
13. Do you have taboo subjects in your games or is everything “fair game”?
I’m OK with whatever.
14. Have you developed your own RPG before?
15. Have you ever been published in the gaming industry? If so…what?
Yep. I’ve done work for White Wolf (mostly on Trinity), Atlas Games, Eden… I think that’s it. I’m not a frequent freelancer by any means.
Be First to Comment