This is the sixth PITF Index for Season 2 of Heroes, the superhero TV show where punching people in the face is normative behavior.
Face-punch count: 4. Counting backhands.
PITF Index after the cut.
But first a quick recap of the rules. Being evil does not mean you need to be punched in the face. Being punched in the face is a direct result of being snarky, useless, whiny, smarmy, petulant, emo, or Mohinder. People not appearing in the episode are not eligible for being punched in the face, except in extreme circumstances like we run out of people to punch. Dead people are immune, probably, unless they appear in flashback or something. Previous performance does influence current placement.
This week, our list looks like this.
1. Mohinder, for continuing his strong, strong streak of deeply Mohinder-like behavior. The Company is full of evil, young scientist! You are the most stupid trusting person ever.
2. What’s his name with the cruelty and the flying and the casual attitude. While he didn’t actually kill anyone, the whole bit with the cheerleader was really unduly jerky and wouldn’t have actually gotten Claire a spot on the team if it hadn’t been for the alcohol issue. In other words: he got lucky. We hates him, my precious.
3. Maya, who has significant issues. Note that if she’d just driven past the militia dudes to start with, she’d have gotten away without actually killing anyone. Nice work, there. Also, it is to stop trusting Gabriel (“like the angel,” yeesh).
4. Claire, who needs to stop lying to her Dad and stop listening to a brat who happens to be able to fly and so on. Just… stop.
5. Hiro, who is probably going to suffer more than he actually deserves for his actions, but get real: he decided not to leave historic Japan for selfish reasons, and then he stabbed a guy who depended on him in the emotional back. He messed this one up. That’s why he’s #5, and Kensei is not.
Really, this episode was full of desire to punch. Kensei wanted punching, but as per the above he got lucky. I vaguely wanted to punch the Russian guy. Peter coulda gotten punched on a slower week. Jessica’s status is not so great, given that she’s second only to Mohinder on the issue of trusting the Company. Punch punch punch. Shape up, superheroes! The world is depending on you…
For the second time in a year, with the same “I can foresee an apocalypse” gimmick. Le sigh.
Be First to Comment