I literally spent half an hour trying to make the phrase “commonplace book” fit this, but I couldn’t, so maybe stop procrastinating and go? Yes.
One of the tabletop gaming things I want to do this year: build a binder full of one-shot games that can be run with minimal prep. In some cases this means building pre-gens and scenarios. Some games make it easy enough to create characters so that you can just pick it up and go. Add in scenario seeds, with the same caveats, maybe system cheat sheets as necessary, and I’ll have a gaming pack.
In the interests of accountability, here’s my initial game list.
- Feng Shui
- Completed 2/3/2019; that’s a couple weeks writing an oracle-based setup
- Honey Heist
- Built 1/2/2019, that was easy, I even made some character sheets for fun
- Dithering a bit but I wanna have a supers game on the list
- Dungeon World
- 13th Age
- Fear Itself or Esoterrorists
- I want this to be Night’s Black Agents but that’s just more complex
- Delta Green
- Completed 2/9/2019: an embellishment on a scenario seed
- Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures
- Built 1/5/2019: really easy cause the game’s designed for that
- Colonial Gothic
- Built 2/4/2019; printing out playbooks is easy
I also need something pulpy in here but I’m not sure what yet. Maybe one of the Triple Ace Ubiquity games, or maybe something Savage Worlds-ish. I’ve always wanted to run The Day After Ragnarok.
Be First to Comment