Feeling mostly better other than being a bit more tired than usual. The final timeline:
- 10/29: almost certainly my initial exposure — I was at a loud crowded event without a ton of mask usage.
- 10/31: light symptoms.
- 11/1: first positive test (all my tests were at home).
- 11/2: Paxlovid course started.
- 11/6: Paxlovid course ends; maybe a couple of negative tests in the next few days? Can’t recall.
- 11/11: testing positive again; feeling sick but able to focus.
- 11/13: negative test (probably because at-home tests are not 100% reliable).
- 11/15: positive test again; able to focus well enough to deliver budget presentations.
- 11/19: able to write code again! A surprisingly important milestone.
- 11/23: negative test again, and this time the negative tests stuck. Haven’t tested positive since.
- 11/27: still getting a bit tired here and there, as noted, but I feel pretty much OK otherwise.
All told that was three and a half weeks of positive tests, and I felt pretty sick during most of that. Able to focus but definitely not great. Please get vaccinated and boosted.
Be First to Comment